Monday, May 18, 2009

Love is all around us

On Sunday night two of our leaders designed the worship around love and the Holy Spirit - a great connection. Though the verse wasn't used I was reminded of Romans 5:5 - 'God's love has been poured into hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us'.

A clip was used - the beginning of 'Love Actually'. For some reason I always get a bit 'misty' at the beginning and, especially, at the end of the movie. All those people at the airport meeting in love coupled with a great Beach Boys song, 'God only knows'.

Which leads me to ask: are our churches like airports; meeting spaces where loved ones meet at the beginning of , or at the end of, or mid-way through journeys, with stories to tell and experiences to share? Do our worship spaces help us to connect life, faith and love?

Chris

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Chris I look forward to experiencing worship with your community sooner rather than later... and I'll almost be disappointed if Shine Jesus Shine doesn't feature ;-)... do you think I've been able to get that ^%%$$#@##* tune out of my head since I did my beer'n'hymns blog? I don't really believe in divine retribution, but sometimes I wonder... Cheers, Michelle

Chris said...

Hi Michelle

I'll see what I can do for you regarding 'Shine Jesus Shine' - a musical exorcism. I'll, even, hand the tambourines around!

Chris